Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Brazil Butt Lift


I have a new friend in Vegas that is a Team Beachbody coach. We met when I was pursuing my certification as a PiYo instructor. She is a great group fitness instructor with the energy of two women, teaching 2-6 classes a day. So when she updated her status saying the Brazil Butt Lift made her butt sore, I had to look into it.

I bought mine off Craig's List for $25. It's about $60-75 retail for dvds, accompanying diet guidelines, workbook for customizing a workout based on your butt shape and resistance band. I imagine the value of buying from someone like Linda is they help you with motivation, keeping you on track with your diet and workout goals/outcomes. If you think you would like to own BBL, contact Linda through the BB link above.

Brazil Butt Lift is a 3 dvd series that focuses on the hips, thighs and abs. There are multiple workouts ranging 10 min-50 min. There are dance like workouts as well as functional exercise and mat work.

Bum Bum is a high energy standing workout that runs 35 min. The cardio pace had me having to catch my breath a few times and I worked up a good sweat. Next workout, I plan to combine Bum Bum Rapido with the Tummy Tuck.

I am not following the prescribed workout plans. Currently, I am mixing and matching workouts: Pilates, trainer, Physique 57, P90X, BodyRock.tv and now BBL.

Owning three Beach Body products, I find the production quality good and like the workouts. Brazil Butt Lift is a good one to compliment any fitness program since most of us aren't as strong in the hips and legs as we should be.

Before you begin, it is recommended to do the Butt Pencil Test to establish a baseline. As excerpted from Beach Body...


"Simply
take a pencil and place it in the crease where your butt meets the top of the back of your thigh. If the pencil stays put or actually disappears, your butt lacks the lift that reduces that crease.

The goal is to lose fat and firm your butt so it's lifted—and the pencil falls on the floor. "

No comments: