Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Madly, Deeply, Passionately and Joyously

Today is my wedding anniversary. June 6 was my anniversary with my former husband. Doug forgives me when I get the two mixed up - which happens more than not.

Doug and I enjoyed a very hot, long distance romance. I don't remember how it came to be but "madly, deeply, passionately and joyously" became our romance mantra whenever we wrote love letters. This continues today...most recently he sent it to me in Spanish, which I posted to his FB.

Unbeknownst to the other, both of us arranged with our jeweler to have "mdpj" engraved inside our wedding bands. There is more engraved but after 14 years, I can't read it.

I feel quite fortunate to feel that madly, deeply, passionately and joyously sums up my love for Doug just like it did all those years ago.

Happy Anniversary to us.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Congratulations to you both! I can only wish for it.....I believe it WILL happen.....I can feel it! Love to you both.....