Sunday, June 20, 2010

Harvesting

Back in my Supercuts days, I was in a board meeting where the CEO was lamenting that franchisees were only interesting in "harvesting". I didn't see a problem with harvesting then and I don't see a problem with harvesting now. I am delighting in enjoying the fruits (or vegetables and herbs as it were) of my labor.


Green leaf lettuce

Tomatoes


Swiss Chard

The basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme and chives are finally happy. Veggies such as the cukes and eggplant have kicked the bucket so I planted seasonal color in their place.

I developed another raw salad this week:

Carrot Mint Slaw

4 carrots, freshly shredded (use bagged if you must)
3-6 sprigs of mint, leaves deflowered and snipped
2 or more ounces of feta cheese, crumbled
Lemon Honey Dressing

If serving in a bowl, stir ingredients together. If serving on a plate, layer ingredients then drizzle the dressing over the top. You can substitute the mint for italian parsley.


Lemon Honey Dressing

Juice 1 lemon and add honey measured to 1/2 of the amount of juice. Sprinkle with salt. Mix until honey melds with the lemon juice. Add almond (or other) oil about twice the amount of juice. Whisk until ingredients combine and slightly thicken. (If this is too stressful, go with 1/4 cup juice, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1/2 cup almond oil and 1/4 teaspoon of salt).

No comments: