Sunday, August 23, 2009

Julie and Julia

Doug and I went to the midday showing of Julie and Julia. I was looking forward to the movie, although I did not care to finish the book.

All the food scenes were pure bliss. I loved how Ephron gave us a mini-biopic of Julia Childs. I think that made the movie, although I find Amy Adams endearing. If you haven't seen the movie, it is a good chick flick, following Nora's usual screenplay devices.



You'd think with the trifecta of the White House, Senate and House, we would be spared the sliders about the right. You would be wrong. Julie's boss, after discovering she had laid out of work to redo a dish, tells her “Anyone else would fire you. A Republican would fire you!” Please.

Pajama Media does a good job of summing things up...Cute, with a Side Of Republican Bashing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

navigate to these guys n7q43x1o83 best replica designer replica bags us i7g12u1j48 advice x5n89d2h25 replica louis vuitton bags replica bags ru replica prada nylon bags this post a7r44k8y92 replica bags qatar